The Opening Ceremony of the Hall took place on Saturday the 1st of June 1957.
ORDER OF SPEAKERS
The Speakers on that day were, S.L. Ashdown, Esq., Chairman of the Fund Committee. Miss D.M. Milnes, M.A., Secretary, Bedfordshire Rural Community Council,
LT. COL. D. C. Part, O.B.E., PRESIDENT OF THE FUND, Who officially opened the Hall.
BLESSING THE HALL
In the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and the Holy Ghost, Amen.
V. Our help is in the name of the Lord
R. Who hath made Heaven andEarth
V. The Lord be withyou
R. And with thy spirit
Prayer of Dedication (The Vicar of Houghton Regis)
Lesson from the Old Testament (Pastor Williams - Methodist Church)
Lesson from the New Testament (Mr.P.Wilson - Baptist Chapel
The Lord's Prayer
PraiseGod from whom all blessings flow
Praise Him all creatures here below
Praise Him above the heavenly host
Praise Father Son and Holy Ghost.
THE UNVEILING OF THE MEMORIAL PLAQUE
(By the Chairman, Houghton Regis Branch. British Legion).